- Select three types of lipstick.These should all be roughly the same color, but three different shades. Lip liner may be easier to apply for the lightest and darkest shades.
- The darkest shade will be used for outlining and complementing. For a bolder look, replace it with another colour, such as purple, scarlet, or vivid red.
- Stain your lips with the middle shade.Apply lipstickand leave on for one minute. Wipe off gently with a tissue, leaving a stain behind.
- Another way to create an attractive base is to use foundation. Rub your lips with clear lip balm, then cover it with a tiny speck of foundation.
- Complement with a darker shade.Pick up the slightly darker shade of lipstick or lip liner. Apply to the corners of your mouth, and to the crease in the center of your mouth. This will make your lips look larger and fuller.
- Alternatively, use the darker shade on your lower lip and the lighter shade on your upper lip.
- Lighten the rest.Apply lightest lip product everywhere except for the darkened area.
- Finish applying.Rub your lips together, forward and backward, to finish the job. Do not move your lips side to side, or the dark outlines will smudge. Dab excess lipstick off with a tissue.
- If necessary, clean up the edges with concealer.
- Cover in gloss.This will make your lips stand out like nothing else. Apply a very thin layer of clear or pale pink lip gloss. Leave on for one minute, then apply a second thin layer.
- Contrast lip and eye colour.Darker lipstick stands out on a face with light eyes. Bright, flashy lipstick makes an impression if you have brown or hazel eyes.
- Consider skin tone.People with dark skin can make their lips stand out with hot pink or orange-pink lipstick. People with fair skin are more noticeable with dark red lipstick, but light pink works as well.
- Keep something wild in reserve.Keep a tube of black, purple, or green lipstick in your collection. Once in a while, you can really draw attention to yourself.
- Tone down the rest of your makeup.If you especially want your lips to be the center of attention, tone down the other parts of your make-up. Keep your eye and skin makeup slight.
- Learn how to hold your lips.For best effect, let your lips hang slightly apart. This is a sultry look with a lot more class than the "duck face." For even more of an effect, bite your lip while you look at someone — but take care not to smudge your lipstick.
- Mix honey and granulated sugar.Raw brown sugar gives the best results. You only need tiny amounts for one treatment. Use your fingers for easy measurement and stirring:
- Dip your (clean) middle fingertip in a saucer of honey (or olive oil), up to the first knuckle. Transfer to a bowl, scraping off with a spoon handle.
- Dip your pinky finger up to the first knuckle in sugar. Stir into the honey.
- Spread the mixture onto your lips with a spoon.Dip the back of the spoon in your mixture and spread it thoroughly over your lips.
- Rub the mixture in.Rub your lips together until you feel a tingling sensation, or until the exfoliating mixture dissolves. This will remove dead skin cells and stimulate blood flow, leading to clean, vibrant lips.
- Add more of the mixture to your lips if it dissolves before you feel a tingle.
- Brush your lips.For a faster treatment, when you don't have time to mix honey, simply brush your lips with a toothbrush for about twenty seconds. Keep your toothbrush wet and scrub gently, since lips are delicate. Rub in small, circular motions. You don't need to do this every day, lest you over-exfoliate your lips; a few times a week is fine.
- Moisturize with lip balm underneath your lipstick to avoid getting chapped.
- Apply whitening toothpaste if your tooth color clashes with your lipstick.
- Do not clash the colours of your liner, lip-stick, and gloss. Example: If you use bright red liner, then bright pink lip-stick, and then a deep purple liner, you may look like you have been punched in the mouth.
- Be careful when lining your lips or applying lipstick. Don't color outside the lines of your lips. If you do make a mistake, just wipe off the wayward stain with a damp cotton wool bud.
Things You'll Need
- A nicely-coloured liner.
- A lipstick that suits your liner
- A nice gloss